Thursday, February 19, 2009

Retiring the Bjorn and Some Other Developments

Tessa has gotten too heavy for me to continue to use the Bjorn, so today I went searching for a grocery cart cover. I found a cute one with some toys attached so hopefully she'll like it! It was nice to be able to always put her in the Bjorn, and I'm pretty sure that while she is in the grocery cart its going to be much more difficult to control her or keep her happy...

Tessa has been changing quite a bit lately, she is really growing up. She loves it when we hold her hands and let her walk around the house. She definitely has toys she prefers and heads towards them. Sometimes I try and distract her with another toy, but no, she knows what she wants and is going to keep looking at it and cooing til you let her walk over to it. Very cute!

The last few nights I have been letting Tessa sit in the bathtub right near the spout. I leave the water running and she just LOVES it. She tries to pick up the bubbles it creates and giggles so loudly when the water splashes in her face! I'm thinking that pretty soon when bathtime is over she's not going to be too happy to have to get out of the tub :( Needless to say I'm going to try and get her in a swim class at the Y near us that starts soon. That way when we go to FL in April she should really enjoy the pool at the house we rented.

I have also been taking Tessa to story hour at various places, a few libraries, Whole Foods, and some coffee shops. She could care less about the books being read but gets really excited to see the other babies! She coos and squeals the whole time! And of course wants me to let her walk to them, which I don't let her do...it should be very interesting when she can move on her own.

Tessa is still not a great sleeper/napper, although her naps are generally getting longer in length. And most nights she is only up once...which I guess I can deal with, as if I have another option.

Hopefully I'll remember to take some pictures or a video while she's in the bath tonight. Tim comes home tomorrow and we all can't wait!!

No comments: