Monday, August 25, 2008

Our first day alone

Well Tessa was great again last night! Tim brought her to me around 11:30 or so. And after eating she slept until just before 3:00, then 6:00, and then 8:30. I couldn't ask for a better nights sleep. After we had breakfast, Tessa, Lou and I went for a walk. This was the first time I went by myself with the two of them. It was really easy. Lou was great, he follows right along, and whenever I stop, he sits in the grass. We only went a mile but at least there was no crying.

Tessa stayed in her carseat after the walk for about 45 minutes, with the carseat in the swing. Around 12:00 I put a very alert Tessa into my sling and was able to successfully make Tim and I lunch (and eat it!). This afternoon Tessa has been very awake with a small amount of fussing, but nothing too terrible. Tim is back working as of today, so I've been taking care of Tessa (and Lou) by myself. I'm hoping the rest of the day goes well.

A picture from last night...picture taking has died off as the visitors have left. Although we did have our professional pictures taken yesterday at our house. Tessa was very well behaved, with no crying, however we would have liked it if she had been slightly more awake. I think the photographer got some good ones of her at the very end. We should have 4X6 prints of everything and a CD within two weeks. So there will be lots of pictures soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tim and Tessa look comfy as usual.