Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Pancake" Flipping

Ok so we're not flipping pancakes...we're flipping Tessa. Yup this has been going on for weeks. It used to be that Tessa would only fall asleep on her own when on her belly, a big "no-no" until the baby can safely roll back and forth on their own. So I used to put Tessa in her bed awake, and let her fall asleep on her belly, and then go back in 20-30 minutes later and flip her over onto her back. Yes this is ridiculous I know. One of the issues that happened, of course, was that every once and a while she would wake up, and I'd have to repeat the process...not fun. And this also meant that if she woke up in the middle of the night, screaming, I'd have to do the same thing.

Well lately, like the last week or so, Tessa has been putting herself to sleep on her back so I thought the flipping was over. But its not...now because she's become such a "rolling-queen" she wakes up and rolls on her belly...and then screams! Again, this results in "flipping-the-pancake" over so she can go back to sleep. Last night Tim had the pleasure of doing this at 2:10AM.

I really don't understand why this happens. Tessa is more than capable of rolling both ways now...so why does she get stuck? I guess it doesn't really matter. For now we'll just keep flipping her over.

When I talked to the pediatrician about this "sleeping issue" she said well if its not the rolling it will be something else. She'll be trying to pull herself up on the crib, or stand up.

So I guess I'm not getting sleep for a long time.

No comments: