Saturday, February 2, 2008

Spring Cleaning in Feb?

Yup thats how we spent our morning. Trying to get rid of lots of sh*t. The idea was we needed to clean out one of the extra bedrooms so we can turn it into the baby's room. Yes, I do have at least 6 more months before I have to worry about this...but of course decided it needed to be done this weekend. No actually today. (Tim wasn't thrilled with the idea...he had planned a much lazier day)

And I decided that bikes no longer belong in the office...this is the problem with having a townhouse with no garage...bikes end up in offices. I managed to clean out some other closets (making big trash and give-away piles) and fit the bikes in the closet. Now one would think that I should be much happier, but the basement at this point was a complete disaster!

Cut to 1:30, when I've been cleaning for 4 hours, and have at least 4 more to go...what am I doing? Napping, yup I decided it was time for a nice long nap.

Post nap, I managed to finish the rest, so we can at least walk around in the basement. Still need to schedule salvation army to come pick up our furniture (the amount is growing!! makes me happy...not so much Tim). And bring the bags of books to the book swap. But basically I'm done.

The funniest part of the day was when I found my stuffed monkey "Monchichi". Now the fact that I still have the monkey is great, but the fact that Lou was petrified of it, was even funnier. I don't know if he's really ever seen a stuffed animal before. Needless to say he didn't like Monchichi, there was lots of running away, and scared barking. Good times.

Now I can spend tomorrow doing nothing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you sure had a productive day, I enjoyed reading your blog, you have a way of making things quick easy and fun to read. Have fun doing nothing tomorrow.